ARTNEWS S.A. is a global art media company created in 2014 through the merger of the Warsaw Stock Exchange-listed Abbey House Group S.A. with the New York-based art magazine publisher ARTnews LLC (today ARTnews LTD). ARTNEWS S.A. seeks to create greater transparency of the global art market by empowering buyers and sellers with unbiased and fact-based information making art collecting better understood and more enjoyable with an ultimate objective to constantly grow the universe of art collectors around the world.
To further fuel its dynamic development ARTNEWS S.A. is seeking a Chief Financial Officer.
Plan, manage and control the Company’s financial resources in accordance with AN SA policies and guidelines as well as applicable Polish and international (e.g. EU, US, etc.) laws and regulations to ensure effective distribution and utilization of assets, healthy financial position of the company, adequate support of AN SA strategies and key business decisions and ultimate value creation for the shareholders.
On behalf of AHG liaise with the financial markets, external finacial analysts, auditors and other stakeholders, to ensure proper information flow to all external parties and an adequate access to necessary funding, bank loans and other financing alternatives, in line wiht the company’s approved strategies.
- Lead the process of setting ST/LT financial targets for the company in line with the LT business and organizational objectives of AN SA. Provide an ongoing and timely support to the Management Team in all aspects of financial planning, budgeting, reporting and controls. Manage the preparation of the Annual Budget, Long Range Plan, forecasts.
- Ensure the integrity, accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all AN SA financial records, meeting or exceeding legal/stock-exchange/accounting requirements and the quality of the consolidated results of all AN SA affiliates. Ensure that all statutory filings with public institutions present a true and fair view of each of the legal entities' business results.
- Establish, build and maintain the relations with the financial markets, banks and other sources of potential funding and, in particular, lead the preparatory process and eventual execution of an SPO, new shares placement, listing at the main board of WSE, and potential international listings (e.g. Germany) and other capital raising activities, as well as potential divestments and de-listings. Develop and nurture a strong network within the investor community, investment bankers and stock analysts.
- Define, design and maintain AN SA internal financial policies and procedures aimed at best in class controls, transaction transparency and asset protection as well as full and unconditional compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Implement appropriate risk management strategies to safeguard the company's assets and minimize adverse financial exposure.
- Prepare annual and ad-hoc business reports for the Supervisory Board and prepare and present the AN SA business results to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders.
- Continuously build the financial team's strength and capabilities, making timely structural and personnel adjustments and providing clear guidance, feedback and coaching to the incumbents.
Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in senior Finance positions and a proven track-record of capital raising, overall financial performance and organizational leadership.
University degree in Economics or Finance and Accounting. Professional qualification (eg. ACCA) and/or MBA a plus.
- knowledge of the financial markets
- solid understanding of WSE/NewConnect
- ability to prepare consolidated accounts
- experience in financial controls
- international/corporate exposure
- experience in leading a finance organization
- communication and presentation skills (external stakeholders)
- fluent English (German a plus)
- Corporate Savvy
- Strategic Agility
- Business Acumen
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Building Effective Teams
Interested applicants should contact Marcin Depczyk, chairman of the supervisory board, at firstname.lastname@example.org.