Auto req ID
Financial Analyst with ACCA/CFA
Country of Work Location
Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
STRATEGY, PLANNING, APPRAISAL AND REPORTING:
- Understands the business and the link between own role and the business strategy
- Prepare all input to the financial performance assessment process (from Asset level up to Country level)
- Attend business performance review meeting / challenge business on performance (basing on financial results)
- Participates in Regular Cost Tracking Meetings with their business contacts
- Arrange monthly Budget Holder Meetings with the relevant budget holders (inc. Senior Management), based on standard meeting agenda (actuals vs plan, forecast/latest estimates updates, contract changes)
- Challenge and agree proposal of forecast/latest estimates updates with their budget holders (taking Actual / accruals / projects and assets status fully into account). Communicates the proposal to the relevant Country Finance Managers
- Involvement in risk management assessment (from business and finance perspective), drive risk discussions in budget holder meetings
- Responsible for correct, reliable and meaningful analysis of financial data to enable value adding MI and understanding of key cost drivers impact, reasonable variance analysis and interventions
- Responsible for Cost Allocation Management (establish business need, create and maintain allocation set up with support from Controllers), investigates and resolves unallocated balances
- Supports the Reporting team with detailed variance analysis for Group reporting/MI reporting
- Provides input to statutory reporting
- Prepare data analysis on request
- Ensure quality in input to cash calls and billing statement – liaise with Joint Venture Accounting to ensure correct and timely partner info
- Understands the Joint Venture Agreements and can interpret JVA requirement to financial requirements/system structures. This includes the partner reporting structures including country specifics. Can translate changes in this business environment (changed industry and legal requirements, equity changes etc.) to system implication and manage such changes
- Provide additional information to JV partners (non-Shell) at year end
- Collate and co-ordinate Joint Venture Work Program & Budget, analyze variances and reports to Finance Managers/other Analysts, participation in partner meetings
- Monthly JV partner reporting and variance comments/analysis input
GOVERNANCE RISK AND ASSURANCE
- Ensure compliance with the Shell Group Control Framework and relevant standards/guidelines. Identify and Manage Financial Risks. Participate as line resource in Audits or Reviews that form part of the Assurance Plan of the company as required.
- Financial controls execution,
- Focal point role for external auditors, supporting Finance Managers in closing of audit findings
- Provide data to tax for tax reporting as specified by the tax function
WORKING CAPITAL AND CASH
- P&L and Cash Flow Analysis and communication, providing visibility of Cash Flow From Operations & value in each asset of the portfolio looked after, structured planning and tracking process for short and long term cash forecast.
- Participation in Balance Sheet Reviews
- University degree in a finance related discipline
- ACCA or CFA qualification is a must
- at least 5 years of experience in budgeting, planning and management reporting areas, understanding of the flow of data from the various systems along with the accounting entries that are generated, be able to quickly identify and correct potential errors in a timely manner
- Fluent English
- Business partnering and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills to be capable of developing effective relationships with stakeholders and business partners
- Expected to expected to identify opportunities for optimization, streamlining processes and achieving greater organizational efficiency
- Commercial mindset
- Ability to work virtually
- Ownership of business targets and results
- Ability to translate business goals and value driving factors into financial and accounting requirements
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise to perform work independently with minimal supervision
- Availability to travel is a must
No. of Positions
Please apply via our website.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.