Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
The Financial Accounting Analyst will be responsible for the overall financial accounting and controlling activities for one or more ventures according to the latest Group, statutory and international standards. This job offers a great opportunity to acquire broad knowledge and experience of controlling, financial accounting, venture implementation and liquidation related activities of upstream ventures.
The successful candidate will be working in an Upstream accounting and controlling environment that will enable her/him to work and experience the broad range of financial accounting aspects within a very dynamic part of the Upstream business.
The Financial Accounting Analyst/Controller will be responsible for financial accounting and controlling activities to ensure business activities are conducted in line with the Shell Control Framework as well as with applicable Production Sharing Agreements/Joint Venture agreements and local laws and legislation.
- set-up and/or maintenance of the general ledger and sub-ledgers in ERP
- preparation of joint venture billings, cash calls and payment instructions
- review and timely submission of financial and management reports
- review and timely filing of statutory accounts
- ensuring smooth, best in class governance processes and compliance with Group policies (Risk management, Internal & External audits)
- challenging and reviewing Group Investment Proposals/Group Financial proposals and determining accounting impact (accounting notes preparation) for respective entities
- supporting the finance manager in the risk and business assurance processes
- analysis and presentation of the results to the Finance Manager
- contributing to coaching, development and supervision of junior members of the team
- taking the lead in managing internal stakeholder relationships within SBSC Krakow, Tax, Legal, Finance in the Business and IT
- taking a supervisory and coaching role for the finance processes within Finance Operations
- ensuring smooth, best in class record management
- supporting implementation/liquidation of new upstream entities
- strong background in controlling and accounting
- Degree in Finance or Accountancy would be preferred (ACCA or equivalent)
- fluent English
- 7-10 years of experience in finance, accounting area
- experience and knowledge of business and financial control
- excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- adherence to processes, policies and procedures
- pro-active attitude
- ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
- ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others
- ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- excellent communication and presentations skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
- availability to travel
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.