Financial Reporting Supervisor
Job ID: 31144
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Department Marketing Statement
The Financial Reporting Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day provision of financial reporting services of the Financial Reporting Department. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Team Leader, the Supervisor will allocate tasks and workload to the Financial Reporting Representatives and Senior Financial Reporting Representatives to ensure the timely and high-quality preparation of statutory annual and semi-annual financial statements for investment funds registered in Ireland, Luxembourg, United States and Cayman Islands.
• Day to day management of preparation of annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP), undertaking primary responsibility for the provision of financial reporting services to his/her allocated clients.
• Responsibility for communications to regulators, compliance and internal and external audit.
• Communicating with clients on a regular basis, acting as a key client contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
• Primary responsibility for coaching and developing his/her reporting team members and providing appropriate feedback via periodic meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process.
• Assisting in projects within Financial Reporting Department including standardization and workload optimization to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of deliverables.
• Providing an escalation point for clients’ queries.
• Playing a key role in the training and development of new team members, keeping team-members informed of new industry developments relating to financial reporting disclosure requirements.
• Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
• ACCA completed or in progress will be an asset.
• 5 years experience in financial reporting, accountancy or audit.
• Knowledge of accounting standards.
• Professional accountancy qualification will be an asset (qualified or part qualified).
• Prior experience in managing team desirable.
• Prior experience in investment funds industry will be an asset
Knowledge and skills :
• Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to achieve the highest level of professional success.
• Great numerical ability with good technical understanding of financial instruments including derivatives.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
• Fostering Team Spirit, creating an atmosphere of cooperation and common goal achievement by contributing and encouraging others.
• Strong focus on mentoring and coaching team members.
• Creativity in developing solutions to meet client and control requirements.
• Must possess strong reviewing skills.
• Proven ability to manage and complete a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
• Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset.
What we offer:
• Working in a company with rich tradition and culture.
• Being an important member of the organization, we are not a BPO/SSC.
• Meaningful job with possibilities to make a difference.
• Numerous learning and development opportunities.
• Atmosphere built on trust, support and mutual respect.
• Rich benefit and bonus package.
• Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
• Modern facilities fostering collaboration and fun.
• Work-life balance.
To apply please go to:.