Incorporated in July 1994, Amazon is working to deliver on its mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a result-oriented and forward-thinking Senior Financial Analyst to join its Poland accounting team.
This individual will be an exceptional accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment, and can actively contribute to supporting our rapidly growing business activity in Poland. Reporting to the Poland’s accounting lead, the Senior Financial Analyst will be working cross-functionally and have regular interaction with key business partners in connection with preparation of local statutory and group reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for statutory accounts and prepares the daily accounting activities including monthly, quarterly and yearly closing of the local ledgers for both group reporting and statutory purposes, actively participating in preparation of the related analysis and supporting schedules and actively participating in the audit processes.
- Driving local statutory and group accounting processes and ensure that they meet the highest quality standards in cooperation with global accounting teams, the tax and legal departments, external partners and others as required including continuous compliance with group and local requirements.
- Working with senior stakeholders to implement and consistently improve accounting processes and controls for a company with a high volume of transactions.
- Actively participating in cross-functional projects and initiatives, collaborating closely with a number of stakeholders at all levels of the organization to accomplish complex goals requiring project management ability, understanding of financial systems and technical accounting awareness.
- Strong technical accounting skills required in order to arrive to and document accounting conclusions.
- Conducting regular communications with external parties, including but not limited to auditors, consultants and service providers.
- Preparing reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, etc. and overseeing local payroll accounting.
- Preparing statutory and group (US GAAP) accounts and taking ownership of accounting activities, including monthly, quarterly and yearly closing of the local ledgers for statutory and group purposes.
- Maintaining statutory and group accounting processes to ensure that they meet the highest quality standards in cooperation with internal and external partners.
- Preparing data analysis and supporting schedules in connection with an annual audit and coordinating with external auditors.
- Conducting monthly analytical reviews of Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Helping to develop the accounting organization in Poland.
The perfect candidate will have the following skills, experience and competencies:
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably gained within one of the Big Four and/or working for a medium to large international company in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Deep knowledge of Polish GAAP, statutory compliance and filings and the related requirements, with an exposure to international accounting standards
- US GAAP knowledge
- Strong understanding of financial systems, processes and controls
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting matters
- A self-starter with excellent analytical skills, able to deep dive into details yet see broader implications
- Proactive and results-driven, able to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- A strong team player who is able to understand interconnections and work effectively with cross-functional teams and at various organisational levels, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluent English and Polish being mandatory
- Experienced ERP user, proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
All applications should be submitted via Amazon Jobs portal. Only selected candidates will be contacted.