Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Job ID: 31059
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Department Marketing Statement
As a team member of Financial Reporting Department under the direction of the Financial Reporting Supervisor, the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant (“Senior”) will prepare annual and semi-annual financial statements for investment funds registered in Ireland, Luxembourg, United States and Cayman Islands.
• Preparing annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP).
• Liaising with fund auditors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
• Communicating appropriately with the Financial Reporting Representative and Financial Reporting Supervisor with respect to all timetables and workflow, and communicating to the extent appropriate about all relevant matters with other department members within BBH.
• Performing special projects within Financial Reporting Department including standardization and workload optimization.
• Playing a key role in the training and development of new team members.
• Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
• Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
• At least 3 years experience in financial reporting, accountancy or audit.
• ACCA in progress will be an asset.
• Knowledge of accounting standards will be a huge asset.
• Professional accountancy qualification will be an asset (qualified or part qualified).
• Prior experience in investment funds industry will be an asset.
Knowledge and skills :
• Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to achieve the highest level of professional success.
• Great numerical ability with good technical understanding of financial instruments including derivatives.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
• Fostering Team Spirit, creating an atmosphere of cooperation and common goal achievement by contributing and encouraging others.
• Willing to coach and develop junior team members.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
• Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French desirable.
What we offer:
• Working in a company with rich tradition and culture.
• Being an important member of the organization, we are not a BPO/SSC.
• Meaningful job with possibilities to make a difference.
• Numerous learning and develop
• Atmosphere built on trust, support and mutual respect.
• Rich benefit and bonus package.
• Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
• Modern facilities fostering collaboration and fun.
• Work-life balance.
To apply please go to:.