If you want to understand how business operates globally, Citi Service Center is a perfect place for you. Citi Service Center Poland was launched in 2005 as a part of an initiative to establish a network of service centers providing shared services to other entities operating within the Citigroup around the world. We do not provide banking services to retail or corporate Clients, we deal with the processes of Citigroup branches from other countries. Currently we provide services to over 90 countries on 6 continents creating a unique opportunity to work in an international environment. Our approach to development is simple - we offer limitless opportunities and provide tools our employees can use at a time they deem suitable. We absolutely promote the proactive attitude and responsibility for shaping one’s own career. Here everyone carves out their own path. Thanks to Career Mobility, each employee of the organization may apply for any position within Citi worldwide.
The Tax Analyst will be part of the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Tax Accounting team, responsible for EMEA Corporate Income Tax Compliance, Accounting and Reporting. Responsibilities and will work in close cooperation with the Corporate Tax Department in United Kingdom and Finance and Tax Departments across the EMEA region.
- Providing tax accounting support to Citigroup companies located in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) countries
- Liaising with the foreign entity accountants to regularly monitor the local tax accruals and tax attributes (including tax paid, utilisation of losses, prior year adjustments)
- Understanding conceptual differences between different tax regimes and provide analytical review of tax calculations
- Calculating, verifying and posting monthly current and deferred tax liabilities based on data provided by Finance
- Managing and reconciling tax balances on the ledger & providing effective tax rate analysis
- Reviewing work completed by other team members
- Tax reporting for internal purposes including the annual reporting of local tax numbers for the consolidated US tax return and providing Region / US with details as required e.g. breakdown of Deferred tax asset
- Liaising with the EMEA Financial Control teams, Regional & US tax departments as required
- Designing and implementing solutions aimed at optimizing the projects / processes
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Able to suggest pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate
- Previous experience in managing a team in prioritizing new projects with BAU responsibilities
- Able to understand new technical issues
- Knowledge of financial sector accounting and systems would be an advantage.
- Accounting or tax qualification required or related business experience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, demonstrating initiative and a pro-active approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a team player
- Analytical skills, inquisitive and willing to ask probing questions in order to derive financial data and understand transactions in order to perform the role
- High energy level with ability to work well under pressure on multiple priorities and to critical deadlines
- Opportunity to work in an international environment and professional development in the regulatory and risk reporting area
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Possibility to enhance Tax knowledge and develop strong analytical, project and people management skills
- Excellent working environment
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
"Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 o Ochronie danych Osobowych Dz. U. nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)"